loader image
Skip to main content

Where do I actually start?

Where do I actually start?

by Jürgen Späth -
Number of replies: 0

Dear students, 

I would like to briefly summarize in this email what are your jobs to do for this week. The most important thing is that you make a task distribution in your team. Who researches in which area? Define periods of time in which you will do research and when you will meet as a team to share your new findings. 

For example, use the time timer app to not get lost in one area of research. This Miro board is also important for the next mentoring on Tuesday. Create a good structure on Miro where you can store all relevant data and facts. 

Research. 

Please study the website of the Crowther lab and the „Crowther Lab materials“ we have compiled on Paul. 

Please study the „material climate“ we have compiled on Paul. 

When you do the research, you can have following things in your mind? 

What should be communicated to a wide audience regarding the scientific work of the Crowther Lab in the field of biodiversity?

What should be communicated to a wide audience regarding the research of Crowther Lab work of „Future Cities“?

What should we communicate to a broad audience to encourage them to reduce CO2 in their daily lives?

What data are available in the individual areas? (nothing is more difficult to work with data without having any)

It will also happen to you in the course of research that you are surprised about facts that you did not know until now. Ask yourself or your team mates: Are they interesting and important that more people should learn this. 

Interviews. 

On Friday is interviews in the calendar. This method should be used only when you have enough knowledge about the subject. You can of course determine the time yourself. also gladly on the weekend. It is important that you conduct interviews with our main target group of 14-25 year olds. Since you are in the age range of the target group, I would recommend that you try to conduct the interviews with younger people. 

Process. 

Basically, you should use methods that will help you in the explore phase. The explore phase actually always proceeds in the same way. Immersion in a topic. Gathering data and facts that will hopefully get you further. 

Outlook next week. 

On tuesday morning you will have a 35 minute group mentoring session. For this mentorship we expect your miro board to be well structured to give us quick insights into your research. Tuesday is the day when it goes from the explore to the create phase. This means that at the end of the day we will receive one to max. three „how might we questions“ from you.

I hope this helps you a little bit. If so, please feel free to contact Marcial or me.

Best 

Jürgen